Find someone you know, either online or in the real world, who is a true bibliophile and interview them about their reading habits. Ask questions such as:
- How many books do they buy per month?
- How many do they actually read?
- What do they read?
- Where do they buy their books?
- Who is their favorite author (do not take offense if it is not you – that’s not the point here).
- What do they like about the author?
- How often do they attend signings/readings? What do they enjoy about them?
- If they could ask their favorite author any question, what would it be?
- Which book has most recently surprised or delighted them?
- Of everything they’ve read so far this year, what would they most recommend?
photo by PS Dooley Photography
•How many books do you buy per month?Approximately 10, though it has gone as high as 30 before (when I was sick and could do nothing more strenuous than read).
•How many do you actually read?Everything I buy - occasionally I forget one or someone moves one and I can't find it, but if I buy it, I read it.
•What do you read?Absolutely everything. If it's well written and interesting, I read and enjoy, regardless of the genre.
•Where do you buy your books?Used book stores, Amazon (kindle and paper), and regular price bookstores.
•Who is your favorite author?Some of my favorites are James Lee Burke - a poet disguised as a mystery novelist - Mary Balogh, historical romance, and Joe Hill is one of my most recent faves.
•What do you like about the author?Their style and the way their words make me feel.
•How often do you attend signings/readings? What do you enjoy about them?Very occasionally - we don't get a lot of authors here.
•If you could ask your favorite author any question, what would it be?Well, it wouldn't be 'where do you get your ideas' or 'will you write my story for me'. ;)
•Which book has most recently surprised or delighted you?
Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box.
•Of everything you’ve read so far this year, what would you most recommend?
I don't think I could answer that, really. I could give you a list, but it would take too long to write out...
I enjoyed reading this interview, thank you :-)
Nice interview, guys! :)
Post a Comment