Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Publish

This is my post for Day 13 of the 15 Habits of Great Writers challenge.



15 Habits of Great Writers Day 13 Publish


"The challenge


Today, we’re going to publish something. Anything, really. Whatever you do, don’t play it safe. Go for broke. Stop hiding and start writing for real:

  • The manuscript in your dresser drawer? Send it off.
  • That article you’ve been thinking about writing for an A-list blog? Submit it. Let go of control; you’re ready.
  • That eBook you’ve been stalling to finish? It’s good enough. Put it out there."
Okay, I understand that, for this particular challenge, the command is to do the challnge today, but I have, in some ways, been already doing this particular part of the challenge anyway, and I have nothing available that is ready to be published, and if I stupidly tried to publish something today or sent something off to a publisher today, when it wasn't ready, then I would just be harming my overall writing career.


How have I already been doing this challenge? I started writing articles for a monthly magazine publication. Because of my magazine writing job, I am already a published author. I am also having one of my flash fiction stories published in an anthology this year. But more than that, this year, I have started sending off other short stories into competitions and submitting them to anthologies for publication. I have even started writing some short stories and publishing them to my blog.


Here are links to some of my short and flash fiction stories:

Lise & Nat: A Story of Forbidden Love Between a Fairy of the Sun and a Creature of the Night


A Siren's Tears


Wood Sprite



Mother Lioness



Call of the Siren

The Guardian


Modern Day Warrior Princess


The Faeries' Dance


Thinning of the Veil: The Escape


If I get enough of these flash fiction and short fiction stories written, I may just publish them all in an anthology of my own someday.


No comments: