Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Writing: Social Media

This is my post for Day 20 of the Author Blog Challenge.



Stacked Book on grey background

How are you using social media to promote your book? What aspect of social media would you like to learn more about? What are your next steps?

None of my books are at the publishing stage yet. While I am writing them, I am using social media and learning everything I can about promotion. I started out with social media promoting my on-line stores many years ago, and so I believe I have a step up from an author who is just starting out with it right now.

I've already learned about having an on-line presence, using Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Triberr and various other social media outlets. I learned about SEO (search engine optimization), and I learned many of the tricks of the trade with blogging back when I started my first blog, Skinny Dreaming. (Many have suggested I switch my blog platform to a Wordpress one rather than using Blogger, but I'm content with Blogger for now.)

I own several of my own domains. The only thing I have yet to do is build my own website (or have it built for me). Because buying hosting and paying someone to help me build my website is something that costs quite a bit of money, having my own website is something I have left for last.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

If you know where to go, having your own website doesn't have to cost heaps (that's how I've done it :) )

You're doing a great job setting things up, when your books are published you just have to announce it :D

VikLit said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job setting things up.

Newly following you!

Merlene Fawdry said...

You're on the right track in building a solid platdorm :-)