Friday, June 29, 2012

Blog Awards


One Lovely Blog Award

 
Reader Appreciation Award
 
 

I have been awarded these two awards, the One Lovely Blog Award and the Reader Appreciation Award, by my lovely friend Beth Stilborn. You may remember Beth from my interview of her. Thanks so much, Beth for the award!

Seven things about myself:


1. Since moving from California to the UK, I have learned that I crave the sunshine. I can't spend much time in it because I am fair-skinned, but a sunny day lifts my mood.


2. I feel as close to my online friends as I do to the friends I see in person every day.


3. I have 15 nephews and nieces (including some grand-nephews), counting my side of the family and my husband's.


4. I miss the family get-togethers I used to have when I lived in the US. I am sometimes saddened that my children are not growing up around their cousins, aunts and uncles the way that I did.


5. Diet Mug Root Beer is my favorite drink, but it is not easy to get over here and the places that do sell it charge a lot for it.


6. I would love to learn to belly dance, but I think my belly would jiggle way more than would be attractive.


7. Although I am friendly and outwardly appear outgoing, inside I often feel insecure and shy.



Just as Beth did, I’ve combined the rules of the two awards, so here are the rules for recipients:


  • Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post
  • Share 7 things about yourself
  • Nominate six to ten blogs you admire
  • Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
And the lovely badges are the ones above.




Here are the seven people with blogs that I am awarding these two awards to:

Jo Michaels


Melissa Khalinsky

Tonya Cannariato

Kriss Morton

Erica Lucke Dean


Justin Bogdanovitch

Sandi Tuttle

7 comments:

Beth Stilborn said...

You are VERY welcome! I just love this post -- I can see where a California girl would have trouble finding quite enough sunshine in England (although I'm sure that your husband and kids provide personal rays of sunshine in your days). We have a lot of sunshine here, too, and when there are several grey days in a row, you can really feel people's moods go down.

Great to read all your 7 things! Thanks so much for sharing, and best of everything as you continue your lovely blogging and writing journey!

JustinBog said...

Such a fun rush, Rebecca, and I thank you for the nomination. I am so not worthy :-) ~that little inner voice always sets me straight~ best always, Justin

Jo Michaels said...

That's awesome! THANK YOU! I'm honored and humbled!

Melissa said...

Thanks Becky :) What a lovely surprise.

VikLit said...

The UK must be a big change weather wise from Cali!! We just don't have sun like that :(

Cathy said...

This is an inspiring blog! Cathy x

E.B. Black said...

I have a belly and still belly dance. Not in public thought. I got an exercise video made by a woman named Dolphina. She's a great teacher, but I still have a lot to master. Belly dancing is very hard, but she works with beginners in her videos. =)