Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Writing: The Journey of Inspiration

This is my post for Day 6 of the Author blog Challenge.

Railroad Tracks 22nd Jan 2011



Where were you when the idea for your book was initially ignited? Who was the first person you told? How did they respond?


The answer for these questions really depends entirely on which book is being asked about. I am currently writing three paranormal romances that were inspired by very vivid, movie-like dreams. I started writing one of them during National Novel Writing Month in 2009, the second one during NaNoWriMo in 2010 and the third one during NaNoWriMo in 2011. I told my husband about the stories, and we often discussed my stories during our late night walks when we took our dog out. He helped me brainstorm whenever I struggled with parts of the stories.

I am also currently writing three paranormal YA novels. These were inspired, in part, by the first three novels mentioned above. They were also inspired by the fact that I have teenage daughters, which gives me a constant look into the lives of teenage thinking. All of my teenage daughters want to read the books.


I am also currently working on three chapter books for children. Like the other novels I am writing, these too have a paranormal twist. I wanted to write something that my 9 year old daughter would enjoy reading. She is very excited about the idea of these books and can't wait to read them.

I am also writing more than four children's picture books. I cannot draw at all, so someone else will have to illustrate them when I finish them. The first one was inspired by my children and the fact that I have a large family. It has a subtle message for children of large families.  The second one came to me when I lost a lot of weight and started living a healthier lifestyle. It has a not-so-subtle message about the importance of living a life that helps you to be healthy and strong. The third one came to me when I was looking at a fairy figurine that my daughter had just been given. It has a subtle message about being happy in the life you have now. There is a fourth one that came to me while writing one of my blogs about believing in yourself and being capable of transforming yourself or your life.

I'm beginning a blog-to-book idea that has to do with health and weight loss. It is an idea that came to me through a suggestion, the same suggestion being suggested to me by three different people. I am still working out the kinks of the idea for this one though, so it is in very early stages. My husband was one fo the people that gave me the suggestion.

I always talk to my husband about my stories. He is wonderfully supportive most of the time and he just hopes I finish my stories soon.



1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

I am thinking of participating in NaNoWriMo this year. I'm crossing my fingers that it will inspire me to do MORE. Great post. WRITE ON!