Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme - from "Thinning of the Veil"


Luck 7 Meme

I've been selected for another Lucky 7 Meme, and as I am currently working on several different novels, I can pick and choose which ones I share for this one. Meg McNulty in her blog From Darcy to Dionysus is the lovely lady who tagged me.

How does it work?
  1. Go to page 7 or 77 of your current MS/WIP
  2. Go to line 7
  3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences or paragraphs and post them as they are written.
  4. Tag 7 authors and let them know.
I'm sharing 7 lines from "Thinning of the Veil," one of my current works-in-progress.
 
She had a very large volume in front of her.  The pages were yellowed with age and the binding was an old, weathered leather with very intricate patterns scrolled all over it.
“According to this, there is a veil between our world and the worlds of other dimensions.  Usually, no one on either side can see or feel anything from the other side of the veil.  Some people have a natural born gift for sensing things on the other side though, which is where we get mediums, clairvoyants and others like them.  There are places where the veil is thinner, and that’s where we get ghost stories from.  Where the veil is thinner, people sometimes glimpse things from the other side, from one or another of many different dimensions.”

I'm going to copy Meg's method of choosing the lucky 7 who I will pass this along to by choosing friends from the #ouatwriting and #storycraft conversations on Twitter.

Jane Isaac - @JaneIsaacAuthor
Susi Holliday - @SJIHoliday
Anna Meade - @ruanna3
Jeff Tsuruoka - @jtsuruoka

Dionne Lister - @dionnelister
Ang - @ang_writes

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Thanks for the tag :) I love the sound of the book you chose - very mysterious! Wow, several different books at once - you are one busy lady :)