Thursday, November 15, 2012

Half Way! #NaNoWriMo

Photobucket


We are halfway through National Novel Writing Month! We are already 15 days into the month with only 15 days to go! Some of you may be less than halfway there with your writing. Some of you may have already reached 25,000 words and are halfway to the goal of 50,000 words and some of you may have already finished. Wherever you are on your NaNoWriMo journey, be proud of yourself for making it this far!

Not everyone is going to win. Not everyone will reach 50,000 words. Although the goal is to reach 50,000 words, reaching 50,000 words is not the point of NaNoWriMo. The truth about why NaNoWriMo is important is that it gets you writing, no matter how much you actually manage to write. It gets you to make an effort to sit your butt down and write more than you were doing before attempting NaNoWriMo. So if you are writing more than you would during a non-NaNo month, take a moment to congratulate yourself.

Let me know in the comments how you are doing and how you feel about NaNoWriMo so far?

I reached over 50,000 words today, but I'm going to continue writing until I finish the story. I'm enjoying the story too much to leave it hanging. I want to know how it ends!



1 comment:

Jo Michaels said...

I love it when even the author has no idea how the story will end! Makes it better, in my opinion! Mine took twists I never intended. Like you, I can't wait to watch the epic battle scene at the end :) NaNo is doing wonders for me and I feel GREAT about my story. It's WAYYYY different from anything I've ever done but that's half the challenge, right? WRITE ON!