Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finish - Insecure Writers Support Group for December 2013 #IWSG

This is my ninth monthly Insecure Writer's Support Group post. The IWSG is hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh. The purpose of the IWSG is: 

"to share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!" 

This is my post for Insecure Writer's Support Group for December 2013. The topic I chose for this one 
is "finish."

You may be wondering why I chose to write about the word "finish." It's because I have finished. I finished editing the stories and creating the anthology "Teapot Tales: A Collection of Unique Fairy Tales" in August and early September. I finished editing the stories and creating the anthology "Jingle Bells: Tales of Holiday Spirit from Around the World" in mid-November. I finished editing the stories and creating the anthology "SuperHERo Tales: A Collection of Female Superhero Stories" in late November. I even finished editing the stories and illustrations for and creating the anthology "The Talisman Chronicles: A Collection of Stories Written and Illustrated by Children," both the color version and the black and white version.

All of these things were very time-consuming. And every single one of these projects, now that they are finished, give me an amazing feeling to hold in my hand. I love creating, whether it is for me or for someone else. And I have accomplished so many things by FINISHING the things I set out to do.

I've learned that I am skilled at editing and formatting, and I can even manage some artistic work.

I've also learned that I have some amazingly talented friends and fellow writers who none of these projects would have happened without.

And I am going to finish even more projects in 2014.




No comments: