Here are the rules:
1. Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Tell 10 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog letting them know they are nominated.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
So, ten things about myself:
1. I am only 5'2" tall, which is fairly short. (But my husband is 6'8".)
2. Although I have lost over 145 lbs. and have kept it off for over 2 years now, I always battle the niggling fear inside me that tells me I will gain it back someday.
3. I exercise on my elliptical crosstrainer for 90 minutes to 2 hours every day, sometimes even when I am not feeling well. I worry that I obsess about keeping up my exercise.
4. Currently living in my house are two cats, a dog and two gerbils. The gerbils belong to my 9 year old daughter and my 6 year old daughter. The border collie belongs to my 19 year old daughter, even though she is usually away at her university. One of the cats belongs to me and the other one belongs to my 17 year old daughter.
5. I would be the local crazy cat lady if it weren't for the fact that I already have a bunch of kids to raise and a husband who won't let me get too carried away with cat ownership.
6. Although I love our dog Mercury and believe he is an awesome family pet, I have realized through caring for him that dogs are a lot more work as pets that I generally prefer to have to deal with. I think he will be our last dog.
7. I wish I was less lazy about housework. Honestly, I'd rather do anything other than housework, and I frequently do other things just to get out of doing housework.
8. Although I enjoy writing and can often get caught up in the stories I am writing, I always look back at my writing when I am done and cringe at it, thinking it's not good enough and never will be. I am working on believing in myself and my writing more.
9. I wish I had been able to go to my 20th highschool reunion. It was held in California (where I was born and raised) but I live in England now so wasn't able to go. I was never fat in highschool, but I always fought an extra ten to twenty pounds. It would have been great to go back weighing less than I weighed when I attended highschool! (And yes, I do weigh less now!)
10. Although I avoid going out in the sun when I can because of my fair skin, when we spend weeks, sometimes months, at a time here with very little sunshine and lots of rain, I start to feel more gloomy. Sunshine just makes the whole world look cleaner and brighter. It makes me happy.
Ten people I want to award the Sunshine Award to:
1. Anna Meade @ruanna3
2. Meg McNulty @charitygirlblog
3. Angela Goff @Angela_Goff
4. Susi Holliday @SJIHolliday
5. Sophie Moss @SMossWrites
6. Afsaneh K @Afsaneh_Dreams
7. Ruth Long @bullishink
8. Jo-Anne Teal @jtvancouver
9. Lillie McFerrin @LillieMcFerrin
10. Stacy Bennett-Hoyt @Rowanwolf66
The reason I have chosen these ladies is because they have all inspired me into writing some of my flash fiction stories and my fairy stories, either through running contest or through writing stories themselves. They are all a lot of fun on Twitter and there was recently some talk about Ruannaland. I'm not sure if I should want to go to Ruannaland or if I should want to avoid it at all costs! ;)