Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NaNoWriMo FINISH!

Okay everyone! The totals are in! How did you do for NaNoWriMo?

NaNoWriMo Winner1 2009

Here is the status update for the finish of NaNoWriMo.

moonduster: 51,822/50,000
MrsEvilGenius: 51,718/50,000
BodogSivana: 50,020/50,000
lyricalb: 31,254/50,000
Ghostlove: 0/50,000
tangledeutopia: 0/50,000
Kryptique: 0/50,000
wheezeybouncer: 0/50,000

These are some pretty good totals! NaNoWriMo is reporting that they have made a 19% win rate this year, which is a record for them. We managed a 37.5% win rate all by ourselves! And we almost had a 50% win rate! With three people making it to 50,000 and one person making it more than half-way there, I think we all did brilliantly!!!!

Congratulations to NaNoWriMo winners and everyone who participated!

Yes, some of you will have some small prizes sent to you, but not until January because I'm broke right now. Oh, and I need you to e-mail me your mailing address if I don't already have it. As long as you participated (i.e. had some sort of word count total uploaded to NaNoWriMo and joined us on this blog), you will get something in the mail.

We even had some NaNoWriMo Young Writer's Program winners!

AmericanWriterGirl: 11,752/10,000
WritingSpider: 3,605/3,000 words
gabbykitten: 610/1,000 words
tinkerbella: 293/1,000 words

Please take a moment to tell these kids in the comments section what a great achievement they have managed to accomplish! AmericanWriterGirl is 15 years old, WritingSpider is 7 years old, gabbykitten is 7 years old, and tinkerbella is 4 years old.

Anyone want to share something they've learned from participating in NaNoWriMo this year? Hit us up in the comments!

3 comments:

MrsEvilGenius said...

Ohh, me, me! I wanna share!

This was absolutely an eye opening experience for me. I had no idea that I could generate that sort of volume and I plan on trying to continue on at least attempting the 1667 word count per day.

I am a firm beleiver that, assuming you have some modicum of talent and a good background in language, the ONLY thing you need to be a published writer is 1) to READ, and 2) to WRITE.

I've always had the books languishing in a drawer since I was a kid, and I've always had the ideas; what was missing was the actual bum-in-chair words-on-page part.

Two best things about November? I had a *thousand words* that I wrote yesterday that i FORGOT to update, so I actually wrote 52,000 words before midnight! How cool is that?! AND I actually LOST several pounds this month despite more time on my bum, LOL.

Congrats to everyone who participated. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

And thanks, Rebecca for the blog! *smooches*

Becky Fyfe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Fyfe said...

I couldn't agree more, Blue!

And amazingly, I lost about 5 more pounds this month, despite doing all that sitting! LOL!

I've had the book ideas saved and waiting for me to do something with them for a long time, but never felt like I had the time to write (which this month taught me I did) or I just didn't think I was good enough to actually do it. (Maybe I'm not, but I won't know for sure unless I TRY!)

And it was so much FUN seeing my book take form and seeing it take on directions I hadn't planned for along the way! :)